Sunday, July 26, 2009

Willamina Sunday

Today is Sunday and I am still working into my new role at the Willamina Church. I am teaching the adult Sunday School class, which I am really enjoying. We are studying Proverbs and it has been an exciting class so far. There is such wisdom and depth in Proverbs and it is so applicable for us today. I am enjoying the discussion. The class is very large and is an eclectic blend of people and ages. I think that makes for broader and better discussion. It just gets better week by week.

My other duty on Sundays is to take the offering during the service. I am enjoying the challenge to keep stewardship fresh and new each week. It will be interesting to see how things will continue to develop in the weeks ahead.

I love my assignment at Willamina. The people actually want me to be there which is a refreshing change over the past months. They have been very kind and welcoming. It has really warmed my heart to be there. It will be a privilege to be their pastor.

I also think it will be a good place for me to heal. The past year has been so incredibly painful and that hurt does affect my everyday life. I think I am doing better day by day, but I recognize that there is still healing that needs to happen. I think this congregation will love me and help me grow and heal in the days ahead even as I love and serve them.

“And you also are among those who are called to belong to Jesus Christ” Romans 1:6

I guess it is just a matter of recognizing that I am right where God wants me. And I think that is the best place I could possibly be.

Just Connie

No comments: