Friday, August 14, 2009

Dad's Surgery Day 4

It was another 12 hour day at the hospital. Dad is doing much better today. Some of the major concerns of yesterday have resolved themselves and he is making some huge strides which is good.

One of the areas of current concern is his blood sugar level. He has been on insulin since the surgery. That is not unusual after open heart surgery. But it has not evened out yet. So we are praying that will soon resolve itself as well. Until then, he is getting insulin shots to help his body recover.

The other concern is his continued lung health. He still has some of the lower areas of his lungs which are not fully expanding. (again very common after open heart surgery) He is working hard at his breathing exercises and I expect that each day will see major improvements in that area.

The doctor indicated today that he might get to come home on Monday. That would be wonderful! So mom and I are taking a look around the house and trying to get everything set up for him when he comes home. I think unless the weather gets real hot, we are pretty much ready.

The Willamina Church is covering my class and responsibilities on Sunday so I do not have to go back for that. It will allow me to be with mom and take care of any last minute loose ends before dad comes home. What a gift to allow me to be with my family where I need to be right now. I am very glad.

I am very blessed by the loving supportive response of my neighbors and church family. I have people praying for me, my neighbors are picking my mail up for me and everyone is doing what they can to lighten the load. What an incredible unexpected blessing it is.

It frees me up to be here with my parents and help in any way that I can. So the dogs and the bunny and I are staying put for the next week to see if I can lighten my mom’s load in any way.

“Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.Galatians 6:2

You know it is interesting, I expect to try to lighten other people’s burdens but I am always stunned when they do it for me. It is very good to be stunned once in a while.

Just Connie

No comments: