Monday, August 31, 2009

Ministry Day

I spent the morning at the hospital with parishioners that are very dear to me. When there is a crisis within a family unit you find out very quickly what kind of relationships are there within the family. This family is a joy to be with. In crisis they gathered around each other offering love and support. It has been a privilege to get to know the extended family.

When I got home a neighbor called in deep distress, so I spent several hours with them. They are also dear people who have been a continual blessing to me. They have especially looked out for me since Gerrald has left. I am so glad for the chance to give back to them in a small way.

Then I spent a little time at the church doing some paperwork and going through the mail and just puttering around tying up some loose ends.

Nothing I did today was earth shattering or difficult, but yet it filled me with a sense of satisfaction. Ministry is such a privilege. To be able to serve people, encourage them and to just share the love of Christ fills me with a sense of rightness.

I am thankful for the opportunity I have been given and I am looking forward to discovering what God has for me in the weeks ahead.

“Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart.” 2 Corinthians 4:1

Just Connie

No comments: