Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Dad's Surgery - Day 8

Dad is home. I am so relieved to have him recovering and doing well. We were able to bring him home this afternoon. It was chaos at the house as everyone wanted to be there when he got home. He stayed up much longer than I thought he would. I just now put him to bed and it is 10:30 at night.

We ended up having a big dinner and Dad ate better than he has eaten since surgery. I do not think he really appreciated the finer points of hospital cuisine. I know that I will not miss my meals at the hospital cafeteria. But now I have washed the last dish, put away the immense quantity of food, laid my sleeping bag out and I am so ready to go to bed tonight.

I have much to be thankful for tonight. Dad’s recovery and homecoming, family that wants to be together and abundant love that binds it all together. So I am going to bed tonight tired, but thankful. I think that is a very good way to end the day.

“Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. ” Romans 12:10

Just Connie

No comments: