Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Joyful Evening


I had dinner with my daughter Joy and her boyfriend Jarrod tonight. It was sooo much fun. I enjoy the both of them so much. I am always amazed when they carve out time to spend with me. This was the first time that they have been to the house and I loved having them here. We ate and played games and just enjoyed each other.

I am enjoying getting to know the woman that my daughter is growing into. And I like what I see. I pray that day by day she will grow into the woman God created her to be. But I have to admit that it is kind of odd to see her grown up. When I look at her I still see the tiny tiny baby they put into my arms at the adoption agency, I still see the white haired curly headed toddler that had the world wrapped around her finger. It is sometimes hard to allow her to be the grown up that she is.

I am proud of her. I am proud of the choices she has made. I am proud of her fierce independence (well most of the time) I have also been very proud of her drive to get an education. I so want her to be able to have a career and not just a job. I believe that she will be able to do anything she puts her mind to.

I think she is a wonderful daughter and I am very thankful for her. She will leave for college in just a few short weeks. It will be a new chapter in her life and I will miss her. I just pray for wisdom and grace for her. That she will draw close to God and find all the wonderful that He has in store for her.

“The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.” Psalm 111:10

Just Connie

1 comment:

bmarquez said...

I remember when Emily named her special new baby doll "Joy" after your new baby. She had that doll for years. It amazing how quickly they grow up. It's wonderful to see Joy's picture and be able to catch up on her life.