Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Good Day

What a good day. We had a great Sunday School class this morning. There was lots of good discussion and we maneuvered through some very difficult topics. Worship was inspiring and the prayer time was uplifting. I love Sundays and it is wonderful to be called to this group of people at this time. I am grateful for the time I am given with them.

This afternoon was the annual church picnic. What fun! Lots of food and lots of good fellowship. We also had a baptism service which I helped with. I was my normal graceful self and ended up falling in the creek. Everyone laughed including me as I sat in the middle of the ice cold creek. I guess I am glad I could offer some entertainment value to everyone.

People lingered and sat and talked and talked. It was wonderful. I roamed from group to group and just enjoyed visiting with everyone. I helped clean up and then packed up and headed home.

So here I sit in the family room.
My picnic dishes are running in the dishwasher, my very wet clothes are in the laundry and I am relaxing with the dogs. I am filled with a sense of comfortableness tonight. I am very glad for this peaceful oasis. I would not mind it if lasted for a few days.

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort” 2 Corinthians 1:3

Just Connie

No comments: