Friday, August 7, 2009

Wedding Rehearsal

I just got done with a wedding rehearsal. Everything went very smoothly and I think it will be a beautiful wedding. Weddings are always such a joyous and happy time. It is good to be with people when they are happy and focused on what is good and positive.

I wonder how our lives would be different if we were to approach everyday like a wedding? What would be different for us if we were to be joyous, expecting wonderful things to happen every day?

I think it would be life changing. It would be life changing for me but it would also be life changing for the people around me. So much of our life is spent trying to survive, just dragging ourselves through. So much of our lives are spent in conflict or protecting ourselves from conflict, that we do not often focus on the celebration. And we damage those around us as we fight for survival.

As I watched the Bride at the rehearsal tonight, it reminded me that her expectation of joy is what I should have every day. The Bible invites us to the wedding feast and we are often told that we are actually the bride of Christ. I think it is time for me to act like I enjoy being at the wedding.

“As a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you.” Isaiah 62:5

So tonight I commit to living in anticipation of joy. There is joy all around I just need to open my eyes and see it there.

Just Connie

No comments: