Saturday, August 15, 2009

Dad's Surgery Day 5

Dad continues to recover and is doing very well. His blood sugar levels are going down and he is breathing better. He has not needed oxygen all day. That is all good progress. He is a little tired today so Mom and I left the hospital early and headed home so he could sleep uninterrupted.

When we got to the house my nephews were just finishing up a welcome home present for my Dad. They built a woodshed that also has room for the lawn mower tractor. It is beautiful and Dad will be so surprised and pleased. It will be fun to show it to him after he gets home.

I love the fact that they came up with this idea and carried it all out. It is fun to watch the next generation growing up and taking responsibility. I love my nephews and I have often wished they were children of my body. They are definitely the children of my heart. I wish I could adequately convey to them how much I love them.

Loving and being loved is very important to me. I want to never be stingy in loving other people. I want my family to never doubt that I love them and would do everything I can for them. I realize that when we love, we will also hurt. But I am thinking that is not a bad thing …. just an uncomfortable painful thing at times.

Dad’s surgery has been a good time to strengthen the bonds that ties my family together. Though it sometimes doesn’t happen just the way I would like it to … it is till there and tonight I am very thankful for it.

Love …. It is what our family is all about.


“My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.” John 15:12

Just Connie

No comments: