Saturday, August 1, 2009

Simple Moments

Well the hot weather continues. I shouldn’t complain since it is about 10 degrees cooler than it was a few days ago. But I am so unmotivated when it gets hot. I have a pile of things I should be doing but here I sit; kind of headachy and tired.

I finally got moving and filled in the bunkers that my sheepdog has dug in the back yard. It taught me a couple of valuable lessons. First of all there is never as much dirt going back into the hole as what came out of the hole. I think it is some kind of scientific mystery. Second of all I discovered that I am really out of shape. I am huffing and puffing like a steam engine. With any luck I will have recovered by tomorrow morning so I can teach my Sunday School class. Tomorrow I am hoping to spread the bark chips to cover the whole mess before we have a good heavy rain. Then with any luck I can convince Charlie to desist from her excavating for a little while at least.

So now I am sitting in the family room with the computer on my lap. There is a nice breeze blowing through the patio door. One dog is curled up on the couch, one is sprawled out over the floor and Bubba Bunny is tearing around my feet. This would be a typical evening for me. Quiet … with the animals to entertain me. This new life has many things that I do not like but there are moments like this that are rich and good in its simplicity.

“The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple”
Psalm 119:130

I just might be learning something …. I hope so.

Just Connie

No comments: