Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dad's Surgery - Day 10

It has been good to be with Mom and Dad over these past three weeks. I am thankful for the opportunity to help. I do not get the chance to help them very often. Dad is doing better day by day. I think he and Mom will be able to do what needs to be done now. I just watched mom help Dad into bed and it all went very well.

Tomorrow I will pack up all my clothes, the dogs and the bunny and head home. As much as I have enjoyed being with Mom and Dad, it will be wonderful to be home and sleep in my own bed. Of course it also means I have piles and piles of mail and e-mail to sort through. But I think I can pay that price. It also means that I will have a very long lawn to mow and some catch up to do around the place. Sigh ….

It is also time to really get serious about my job search. It will start to get critical before very long. I will have to find a way to flesh out my salary from the church. I have not had any good leads yet, but I am still confident that God has a plan. And I am really ready to find out what that is. But I refuse to worry about it.

So tomorrow opens yet another chapter in the ongoing saga as I swing back into “normal life” mode. It will be interesting to see what is written on the pages by the end of the day.

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:34

One thing I am finding … tomorrow is never dull.

Just Connie

No comments: