Sunday, August 23, 2009

Moments

There are moments when the certainty of my call to ministry rings clear and strong. Today was one of those times.

I was called to the hospital to be with a family who was losing a loved one. It is a heartbreaking time and emotions run high, but it is such a wonderful opportunity to share God’s love in a very real way. Times of crisis really clarify and reflect how family members feel about each other. This family loved each other and the room was filled with their love as they said goodbye.

It is a privilege to stand and be with someone as they step into glory. It is really a sacred time. It is the best and worst of what a pastor does. It is the best because it is a privilege to be part of such an intimate and life changing moment. It is the worst because it hurts my heart to see the pain and heartbreak.

Through it all, I had a sense of being exactly where God wanted me and doing exactly what he had called me to do. There is no other place in the world I would rather be.

Just Connie

“Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints” Psalm 116:15

No comments: