Sunday, August 9, 2009

Joy in the Journey

Another day is winding up. It has been a good day. I have been teaching the adult Sunday School class and we are studying the book of Proverbs. I have really enjoyed it. There has been good discussion and I always think I get more insight than I give. But people seem to enjoy the class.

I also preached today. I love preaching, it always lifts my spirits and fills me with a sense of rightness. I am very glad that God has opened that door up to me again. I missed preaching. I missed the pastorate and it is an incredible blessing to me to have ministry doors open once again.

In many ways the past 8 months have been confusing and sad, but there have been good things happening as well. One of the highlights has been my ordination and assignment to the Willamina Church. It is a visible reminder of God’s guiding hand through the stormy journey.

I am confident that there are more blessings ahead. God is good and has good things in store for me. I just need to stay on the path and make sure to look for joy in journey. It is there just waiting for me.

"Go in peace. Your journey has the LORD's approval." Judges 18:6

Just Connie

No comments: