Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Foraging For Hope


I am sitting in the family room watching the deer feed in the back yard. My sheepdog does not really approve of their visits. But they love the fallen fruit from the neighbors’ trees and even Charlie’s presence does not seem to deter them.

I love living in Willamina. It is peaceful and quiet. Neighbors stop to say hello and there are people in the neighborhood I can call on if I need help. Though to be honest I have a terrible time admitting to anyone that I need help. But they are there if I ask and that is a wonderful thing.

As I watch the deer forage I am reminded that God is providing for them. In a changing landscape of houses, trees and fields the deer are still provided for. There is fruit, grasses, streams and abundance for them. In the same way God will continue to provide for me in the changing landscape of my life. He can meet the needs of my loneliness, of my sadness and hurt.

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" Matthew 6:25-27

Healing is a process and God will take me through. There will be ups and downs and setbacks along the way. But like the deer I need to keep foraging. I need to look ahead with hope and an expectant heart. I choose to believe in the tomorrow that God has for me.

Just Connie

No comments: