Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Truthful Help

For all of us, there are times when we realize that we need some outside help. As I have struggled with the roller coaster of emotions of the past months I have come to realize that I needed some outside perspective. So tonight I met with a dear friend and counselor and poured my heart out. As I talked and cried, she listened and she lovingly gave me some stark truths.

I needed to hear what she had to say. I have to admit that I didn’t want to hear some of it, but it was important and I am very thankful that she was willing to say it anyway. It is a precious gift when we can be truthful with each other.

Too often we use the truth on each other as a battering ram, tonight the truth that was offered to me was a cup of cold water … sometime’s refreshing, sometimes breathtaking … sometimes … splashed in my face.

So I am still processing all that was given me tonight. I have to say that it resonated as right and true. I am grateful for a godly friend who was willing to speak truth and life into my heart tonight. There are answers and hope for me. I just need to look beyond myself.

“I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me” Psalm 16:7

Just Connie

No comments: