Thursday, December 3, 2009

Busy and Tired

What a day! I am tired, tired, tired. I got up early this morning and headed to Good Samaritan Hospital in Portland, It was my day to be trained to help dad in his recovery process. It was very interesting. It was also exciting to see the continued improvement in his speech and his movements. It is very encouraging to see how far he has come in a month. I realize that he still has a long road ahead of him, but I think he will do very well.

Then I jumped in the car and drove two hours back to Willamina. I made a quick stop in Salem and picked up a couple of things that I needed. I got to the house with just enough time to eat a quick sandwich and then head to the church for Board meeting. It was one of those meetings where we had some tough things to wade through. I am thankful for a group of people that want unity and health for the church. They are willing to do the hard stuff to help get us there. Sometimes working with people is just downright painful.

Tomorrow, I am in a training session with our prayer group and then I have to meet a repair man at the house and then it is our pastors dinner. It just seems to get busier and busier all the time.

So tonight I am going to grab a good book and curl up with my electric blanket and my dog. I am going to get a good night's sleep to prepare for the busy day ahead of me. I think God has stuff for me to do.

Just Connie

No comments: