Monday, December 7, 2009

I Can See Clearly Now

I have worn contacts since I was in my 20's. They have worked very well for me. I used to get a backup pair of glasses to wear late at night or if I had a problem with a contact. But glasses have gotten really expensive, so the last time I got glasses was about 1989. My glasses are very large and when i wear them several things happen. My nose hurts, they do not fit well over the bridge of my nose where I broke it, my ears hurt where the ear piece rubs in the wrong spot and my eye sight is blurry because my eyes have changes over the last 20 years.

So needless to say, I do not often dig out my glasses and wear them. I finally decided that it was dangerous to not have glasses to fall back on. So I took myself down to WalMart and wandered through the glasses. The first thing that happened was intense sticker shock. Wow! Then I was overwhelmed by the sheer volume of choices. To me they all looked like glasses. I did not even know where to start. Luckily one of the clerks took pity on me and picked out some frames to choose from. She actually finally found a pair that I liked and everyone in the store weighed in on as well as being the right choice.

Today, I went and picked up the finished glasses. I am glad to have them. It was a reminder to me how important it is to see clearly. I need clarity of vision to be able to see the path I am walking. During this time of transition it is even more important for me to see life for what it is. I think there are several things I need to do.
  • I need to focus on Christ, not on my problems & loss
  • I need godly friends to offer perspective & counsel
  • I need inspiring worship and restoration every week
  • I need recreation and laughter

I think these things will help clarify my vision and help me walk this path successfully. I think vision is what will show me the path and hope is what will keep me walking.

"The Lord gives sight to the blind; The Lord lifts up those who are bowed down; the Lord loves the righteous." Psalm 146:8

Just Connie

No comments: