Saturday, December 12, 2009

Puppy Thoughts

I slept with the puppy last night. Well that is, I slept when the puppy was not biting me on the nose ... or pulling my hair or chewing on the blankets. I felt like I spent most of the night saying "Ow! No puppy!" It is a lot like having toddlers again.

But in spite of less sleep and more work, I am enjoying this new baby in the house. I think that this gift is really healthy for me. I can feel my spirits lifting every time I look at her. She is endlessly amusing. The bunny has even been very enthralled with her and I noticed tonight Bubba Bunny was following the puppy around. The puppy is not quite sure what to do with the bunny. It is pretty funny to watch.

I am still working on a name for the puppy. I keep looking in her little doggie eyes and saying, "Tell me what your name is". She just tries to bite my nose and wiggle back down to the floor to torment my sheepdog some more. She is in that fun stage when she is pure energy and then will drop to the floor in an exhausted heap and sleep in deep puppy sleep for a while. Then she is off and running again.

In fact I am realizing that she has been awfully quiet for while. I better go and check on her and make sure that she has not gotten into something or hasn't found something to chew ... like my dress shoes. Yeah ... I think she will keep me on my toes. It really is like having toddlers again ... "No, don't put that in your mouth".

Just Connie

No comments: