Saturday, December 5, 2009

Light Parade Thoughts

Tonight was the Willamina Light Parade. I have always loved the parade and enjoyed standing in the cold and enjoying the beauty of the lights with my husband. Today was very different than my past experiences.

It started early this morning with decorating the float for the parade. It was bitterly cold and it was last minute without a clear plan of what we were doing. By the time we finished up, it was time to run home and change clothes and get ready to line up for the parade. Still cold and hopping up and down for warmth we waited in line and got the kids settled on the float, dried tears and explained over and over why we were not moving yet. It made me miss those moment with my own children.

But the moment came when the float was moving. We waved and wished everyone Merry Christmas. being with the Preschool children is such a blessing and it never fails to lift my spirits. They were having so much fun it was wonderful to be a part of it.

I am grateful for such a different Light Parade this year. There was no time to brood about my husband being gone. The whole routine was very different. It was joyous and upbeat and a balm to my heart.

So now I am wrapped in my electric blanket and trying to warm up the last lingering cold spots. My sheepdog is draped over my legs and I have Christmas music playing in the background. It has been a good day. There will be more of those ahead. I am expecting them.

"Light is shed upon the righteous and joy in the upright of heart" Psalm 97:11

Just Connie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for being the wonderfully magical person that you are. I pray you know that I love you and how truly precious you are to me!!! ;=O)