Monday, December 21, 2009

My Choice

Here it is just a few short days before Christmas. I still have a lot to get done. I have sewing projects to finish and presents to wrap besides a ton of housework to do. Then there is the baking I need to get done. Sigh ... and to be honest I feel pretty unmotivated to "get er done".

But in spite of my lack of motivation, the work is there staring me in the face. So tomorrow is my crisis day. I must get it done, because Wednesday is my baking and cooking day. Thursday I will pack up early and head to Mom and Dad's.

I am a little surprised at how unmotivated I feel this year. I feel like I am slogging through a pit of molasses. Every step is an effort and the temptation to sink down and give up is so strong. It would be so easy to just lay down and let the molasses slowly cover me.

However, despite those emotions I am choosing to keep going. I will keep slogging through the darkness until the sun breaks through. It is an act of my will. I choose it because it is the right thing to do, I choose it because it is what God calls me to and I choose it because I believe the sun will come out tomorrow.

I am soooooo ready for tomorrow.

Just Connie

No comments: