Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Homecoming

Dad came home today! It is so amazing to have him here. We reported to the hospital early this morning and received the last of the training of how to help him as he continues to recover. Then we packed up a months worth of clothing and "stuff" and headed home. The day has gone very well and I am so blessed at how well he is doing. And he is so happy to be home.

Watching Dad's contentment at being home reminds me of how important it is to have a place to call home. A place of love and safety. A place where we can be who we are. When we have a home it gives us a confidence and a stability that helps us withstand the storms of life. When we do not have a home, it fills us with a longing to love and belong and to be loved.

My husband's struggle with alcohol destroyed our home. It robbed me of love and safety. I am working to rebuild a home for myself. I want a real home to come to. I want it so much that I find myself filled with longing for it at times. I think it will take time and healing, ... and work.

Tonight I pray for each of you that you have a place to call home. And I pray that home fills you with strength, security, love and the presence of God.

"Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young— a place near your altar, O LORD Almighty, my King and my God" Psalm 84:3

Just Connie

No comments: