Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sunday Lunch Date

I had lunch with friends today. The timing could not have been better. I often have such a let down when I come home from church and walk into the empty house. Today was so much different.

After church I ran home and met a couple of people who had come to help dismantle the float from the light parade which was in my garage. I worked as fast as I could so I could meet a friend and her son for lunch. The work was soon done and I headed down to Coyote Joes our local restaurant.

We sat and talked and talked and laughed and talked some more. It was thoroughly enjoyable. We talked about horses and our lives and everyday life. There was nothing earth shattering or illuminating, just the joy of like minds spending time together.

I left the restaurant feeling uplifted and happy. Our time together had done something for my heart and mind that has stayed with me today like a warm glow. It is a good feeling. I think I will enjoy it for a while.

"Be joyful at your feast" Deuteronomy 16:14

Just Connie

No comments: