Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Time for Friends

I met with a friend tonight who is facing some major challenges. I met with her to support her and offer any help that I could. As we met, we talked, laughed and cried and I was struck anew at how much I am coming to love and appreciate this godly woman.

Something else happened while we met together, I found myself sharing some of my own sadness and loneliness with her. She listened and offered me truth and perspective that I needed to hear. It brought solace to my wounded weary heart.

In my desire to reach out and help a friend in need, I also found help for myself. It is a good reminder for me that it is only when we give ourselves to others that we find what we need for ourselves. I think that this Christmas is a good time for me to look around and seek people who are lonely, marginalized or sad and reach out to them. I am sure that I am not the only one who is finding Christmas difficult. But perhaps I can make it less difficult for someone else.

"I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all people. Today in the town of David, a Savior has been born to you, He is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:10-11

Just Connie

No comments: