Monday, December 28, 2009

Puppy Thoughts

Having pets is never dull. My house has been further enlivened with the arrival of Hope puppy. Everything is now a toy and a potential disaster waiting to happen. It is a lot like having a toddler in the house again. Nothing can hang down from table tops including electrical cords. Nothing can be left on the couch or heavens forbid that I would leave my shoes on the floor. Because they would immediately be a teething toy.

Though it has been challenging, time consuming and often inconvenient, I have to admit that it is also exciting and wonderful to have this new baby in the house. She is full of unbridled enthusiasm and overflowing with love and affection. She is also endlessly entertaining.

I am very grateful for this gift I have been given. It really helps me focus on something other than my sadness and loss. It is impossible to feel sad with a wiggling puppy on your lap. I just hope that I will have the strength, the patience and the love to give her the guidance and training that she will need.

"God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

Just Connie

No comments: