Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Friends

Well, my presents are wrapped. I didn't get any baking done, however, I did get time with friends today. I think that was probably more important than anything else I have done this season.

I had lunch with a fellow female minister. We serve in neighboring towns. We have been trying to get together and today was the day. We sat and talked for two hours. It was wonderful and we both came away from our lunch date knowing that we need to do this together on a regular basis.

Then as I was sitting beginning to think about what I was going to do for dinner, a friend called and asked me to meet her for Chinese food. We had such a good time together. I always love the time we get to just sit and talk. We are very like minded and share a love of critters. It was a wonderful time.

On my way home I stopped by the neighbors to give them their Christmas gift. To my surprise they had another gift for me as well. It was a beautiful blue and red Betta fish. I was so pleased and so surprised. I spent about 40 minutes with them just sitting and enjoying all of them. I love each of them and their two sons are incredible young men. I left feeling warmed and happy.

So here I sit tonight very glad for the the opportunity I had today to be with friends. The warmth of their love has lifted my spirits tonight and chased away sadness and grief.

"But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." Luke2:19

Just Connie

No comments: