Monday, December 14, 2009

The Name

Puppy continues to romp and play and get into all kinds of mischief. I have really enjoyed her antics. I have not enjoyed as much the endless vigilance required so that my shoes do not get chewed or the sofa, or the bunny. You know normal puppy kind of things. But it is so worth it. I was also entertained today when the puppy talked Charlie my sheepdog into playing with her. They would run and chase each other and every once in a while the Charlie would take one of those great big paws and pat the puppy, which would send the puppy rolling across the floor. She would immediately jump up and run back for more. I laughed until I had tears in my eyes.

Today we reached another milestone. The puppy has a name! It is a name that is a statement of the love and care that brought her to me. It is a statement of my belief that God has a future and a plan for me. It is my statement of how I choose to live. Her name is Hope.

I think Hope will be a constant reminder of God's grace and love. Her love and companionship will call me to live in hope and believe in the work that God is doing in my heart and life. I am hoping ... I am hoping.

You will be secure because there is hope" Job 11:18

Just Connie

No comments: