Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Snow Day

The world is fresh and new tonight. There is a sparkling blanket of snow over the pale patchy winter grasses. In just a few short hours, there was no more mud, no more dirt. Just a pristine winter wonderland.

There is something in my soul that responds to this miraculous transformation. It gentles the sorrow I have been facing and brings a new sense joy and hope. It reminds me that God's love will make all things new again in his time. A reminder that there is a season for everything. In the same way that the snow covers the dirt and mud, God's grace covers my hurts and inadequacies.

I am thankful for the respite today. There is life waiting to bud out under the snow. Spring is just around the corner.

"Put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness" Ephesians 4:24

Just Connie

No comments: