Sunday, December 13, 2009

More Puppy Thoughts

I am sitting in the recliner with the laptop and I am watching the puppy. She has gathered all of her toys into a big pile it he middle of the family room floor. She is laying on top of the pile and chewing and the rope toy on top. She looks a little like a dragon laying on it's pile of gold.

Now she is already on to the next game. She has found a tennis ball and she is tossing it in the air and chasing it. Then she will grab it and roll on the floor while holding it in her mouth. She is having a wonderful time. She plays with such intent and purpose it is fascinating to watch.

It makes me wonder if I play as well as the puppy does. I know that I need it. Playing is part of a healthy balanced life. But I have to admit that so much of my life is being spent in just trying to survive. I really have not put much energy into play. I think in the next couple of weeks I am going to strive to find ways to play.

In fact I think it is time to get down on the floor and play with the puppy. It will be good for me to romp and play and fact perhaps she will tell me what her name is while we play.

Just Connie

No comments: