Thursday, December 17, 2009

Puppy Lessons


I learned something today. I learned that I am slower than the puppy. That was not real shocking to me but I really thought that I could at least keep up. That puppy can run circles around me. and get into 10 different kinds of mischief while she is at it.


Today Hope puppy did not do well with her house breaking. No, she didn't even come close if the goal was to take all potty breaks outside. She is also at that stage when everything goes into her mouth . The same mouth with the needle sharp teeth. To add in potty training I put her on a leash, she promptly chewed it in half. With me standing 6 inches away from her. She looked so startled when I expressed my dismay. She could not conceive what my "issue" was.


Hope puppy is also trying hard to get the bunny to play with her. her concept of play involves wrestling and chewing. Those are not strong points for the bunny who does not have the sense to stay away from the puppy. In fact the bunny is very curious about the puppy and follows her around. I am trying to be hyper vigilant so we do not have a disaster on our hands.


She is also chewing on everything. Door frames, tables and chairs, rugs anything she can get her little puppy teeth on is fair game. I think I need shrink wrap on everything to help us get thought the next few months.


In spite of all of this, I am enjoying this new baby in the house. But she sometimes makes me feel old and slow. How can something so cute and innocent be so incredibly busy and naughty. You know it is probably the same way that I can.
Just Connie

No comments: