Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Antique Day

I spent the day with friends today. It was good to laugh and talk and be with people who love me. We left the big town on Willamina and went antiquing. I have not done that since .... well it has probably been over 12 years since I have done that with friends.

I found today to be interesting in so many ways. First of all, the sheer joy of being with like minded people was a tremendous blessing. We saw some unusual and beautiful antiques. I spoke with people who had a love for things that were interesting and ... had the patina of age and grace on them. Secondly, it reminded me of things that have been important to me since childhood. A love of antiques that I had pushed away and hidden for so long.

I think that I had gotten very good at submerging what was important to me as I have just tried to survive over the past years. I think today was a reminder to begin to let loose all of the things I have hidden inside for so long. All of the things that make me ... me.

I think that it will be an interesting process to find out who I am. It will be even more interesting to see if I have the courage to let it all out and then celebrate the woman God made me to be. I guess only time will tell if I can. Today was a good start.

"For everything that God created is good and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving" 1 Timothy 4:4

Just Connie

No comments: