Friday, January 8, 2010

Waiting for the Dawn

I spent the day in meetings. As a pastor some days are like that. There are counseling sessions, visitations, committees, Conference activities, drop in visits and ..... well ... people and more people. I enjoy people, I love being with them and there is joy in getting to know each unique person. But I have to admit at the end of a day like today, it is good to be home.

Here in my own little house I can curl up by the fire, wrestle with dogs and just process the day's events. I find it interesting that I do not feel lonely tonight. There is a comfort and peace right where I am. I think it has helped to spend the day with people, doing what God has called me to do. There is a sense of completeness and contentment that has often been missing over the past year.

It is a reminder that God is bringing healing and hope to my life. The dawn of a new day is just around the corner. Until then, I need to just keep faithfully doing the work God sets me to. One step at a time ... one day at a time until the dawn breaks.


"Even in darkness the light dawns for the upright" Psalm 112:4
Just Connie

No comments: