Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pastor's Lunch

Today I had lunch with 6 other pastors. We came from various denominations and backgrounds. We all happen to pastor churches in the Willamina/Grand Ronde/Sheridan communities. We meet together once a month for support, fellowship and good conversation.

Today we met at my church and we got into a discussion on how to best communicate with our communities. It was a fascinating discussion. As I listened, I realized that I learned more about my fellow pastors than I learned about the community. It was so enlightening to listen to their responses to each other and the ideas that were bandied about.

I came away from the meeting knowing that there is a good group of pastors in the community who are more interested in helping people than filling pews. I also came away with a sense of camaraderie that only good fellowship brings. It filled me with energy and sent me on to the next task with a light heart. I can use a few more meetings like this.

"He is a dear brother, a faithful minister and a faithful servant of the Lord" Colossians 4:7

Just Connie

No comments: