Friday, January 29, 2010

Tough Day

It has been a tough day. Some days are like that. They just seem to be filled with more than its fair share of difficulties and emotion. Today has been one of those kind of days.

This has been a day of fresh awareness for me. The thing about fresh awareness is that it so often accompanies painful truths. That is definitely the case for me today. I have been meeting with a counselor who has been helping me walk through the pain and the grief of this past year. Meeting with her has been a really important decision. She is helping me look at things honestly and face them squarely. Our meeting today covered some very painful topics.

But the thing that I am finding is that there is freedom in uncovering and freeing the truth to the light of day. Though today was painful, it took me further along on this path of healing. Step by step, I am finding my way. I am tired, my head hurts, my eyes are swollen, but I think I am headed in the right direction. One of these days I am going to be ready to spread my wings and fly.

I think tonight I will look at the stars and dream of flying.

"I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security" Jeremiah 33:6

Just Connie

No comments: