Thursday, January 21, 2010

Great Nephew


I am blessed with a delightful great nephew. I am spending a couple of days with him while his parents are out of town. I forget what it is like to live with a four year old. I think I understand why God gives us 4 year olds when we are young. It is exhausting. Fun and entertaining, but exhausting.


I came prepared with some arts and crafts. So when I am not running him back and forth to Pre-School or cleaning up four year old messes, then I have some activities to help keep him occupied. Yesterday, we made cards with glue and glitter for his parents. Today we are making a sail boat model. It is all glued together and we are in the process of painting it. Tomorrow we are going to build a paddle boat. The fun never ends!


Family is a wonderful and precious thing. I am very thankful for my family. I am also glad for the chance to revisit what it is like to have a toddler in the house. I am also glad that this is not my daily reality. It is a nice place to visit but I do not want to live here!
"If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially his immediate family. he has denied the faith is is worse than an unbeliever" I Timothy 5:8
Just Connie

No comments: