Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Meeting Thoughts

I am an inveterate people watcher. I love to watch people interact with each other. Tonight I got an opportunity to watch while I was in a very long meeting. I find the differeing personalities fascinating.

Tonight we had one person in the meeting who was ... well aggressive I guess is the best way to put it. It was interesting to watch people dance around him. He would lash out in unexpected ways. It gave an uncomfortable feel to meeting as people were unable to let their guard down or to say what was on their mind.

On the long drive home I got to wondering if I am ever uncomfortable to be around? I would love to say with confidence, "No, not me!" However I realize that I can be opinionated, grumpy and distracted... and that is on my good days!

I think I will use tonight as a reminder. My words can give life or death and I want my words to give life, light and hope to those around me. It requires a conscious choice from me.

I guess that means it is time to shine.

"Whoever loves his brother lives in the light" 1 John 2:10

Just Connie

No comments: