Sunday, January 31, 2010

Giving Life

I finished up a sermon series today. I have been preaching about the "One Anothers". The first week I preached "Love & Submission". Last week it was "Unity & Forgiveness". Today we wrapped it up with a group of scriptures that tell us to give life to each other.

The idea of giving life is so foreign to the culture we live in. Yet it is the call that Christ has given us. We are told to encourage one another, spur one another to love, practice hospitality with each other, be kind to one another and speak songs and hymns to each other. All of those things build each other up, point us towards Christ and are dependent on the love of Christ within us.

How different things would be if we really began to choose to give life to each other. It would change our families, our churches and our community. I guess when it comes down to it, it is a choice. By an act of my will I can choose to love, to serve ... I can choose to give life to those around me.

I want to be that kind of person. I want to give life. I want to draw people to Christ through my actions, through my reactions ... but most of all through my love. I have a feeling that it will take everything I have ... but will be soooooo worth it.

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on to love" Hebrews 10:24

Just Connie

No comments: