Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Thinking

I am blessed by having friends and family to support and encourage me. I am further blessed by one particular friend who is willing to make me face hard truths when I need to. That might not always be comfortable, but it is an incredible gift.

Today my friend exercised that gift and helped me look at some of the hurt I have been wading through this past year. It was more than uncomfortable, it was downright painful. But it was very important and potentially healing.

Her input and perspective helped me take a fresh look at some of my perceptions of self. Her wisdom and her willingness to wade through it with me has given me a lot to think about in the days ahead.

So it is time to think ... and pray ... and think.

"Think about it! Consider it!" Judges 19:30

No comments: