Friday, January 1, 2010

Cleaning Day

Today was a long over due house cleaning day. I did not get everything done I had planned but I got quite a bit done. The spider webs seemed to have been winning the battle lately, but today I won.

The flurry of cleaning was precipitated by the upcoming visit of my daughter and her boyfriend tomorrow. I have not seen them since Christmas Eve. In the chaos, it was hard to have any real conversation with them.

So I am hoping for the opportunity to find out how they are doing. You know the normal mother inquisition thing, I play 20 questions and they decide what they want me to know. I think I pry out information but I usually have to work pretty hard for it.

You know this mothering thing has not gotten any easier over the years. I feel like I am still stumbling around in the dark, hoping to not step off the edge of a cliff.

So tomorrow I get to visit with people I love in a house that is mostly clean ... well as clean as a house with a sheep dog, a puppy and a bunny can be at one time.

Just Connie

No comments: