Sunday, January 10, 2010

Live and Laugh

This afternoon I attended a friend's birthday party. It was an small eclectic group of people that gathered. We were a wide range of ages and backgrounds who happen to attend the same church. Some of us were ministers and some were not. We gathered to spend time with each other and so share birthday blessings with the birthday girl.

We ate, we opened presents, we ate some more, but mostly we talked and best of all we laughed. We laughed and laughed and laughed. There is something so healing and so refreshing about laughing. It drew us together as a group and lightened our hearts.

I noticed after I kissed everyone goodbye, I was still smiling as I drove off. I am smiling still as I reflect on our time together tonight. I have said it before, laughter is so vital to our lives. It lightens the heart, but I believe that it also bolsters hope.

I am going to try to laugh lots, live well and love exuberantly. There is life to live and live abundantly.

"The cheerful heart has a continual feast" Proverbs 15:15

Just Connie

No comments: