Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Victory & Busyness

Busy day, busy day, busy day! It sometimes feels as if everything waits until the same day to all break loose at the same time. I counseled a grieving widow, I comforted a mother whose child had gotten in legal trouble, I worked on my sermon for Sunday and cleared off a bunch of the desk work that seems to pile up overnight,worked on the Order of Service for Sunday and just plain worked.

In spite of the busyness, I love being a pastor, even days like today when it can be hard to feel the resounding victory. There is still victory and joy to be found. In the tears of the widow, there was the knowledge of God's grace bringing her through. In praying with the troubled mother there was the knowledge that God answers prayers. In preparing for Sunday's sermon, the joy of seeing it all come together and see God's Word unfold.

There is joy to be found if you are looking for it, even in days like today. My job is to keep my eyes open and my heart receptive. The joy will follow and that is victory for even the darkest days.

"With God we will gain the victory" Psalm 60:12

Just Connie

No comments: