Saturday, January 16, 2010

Grandson

I met someone new today. I was introduced to Hayden William, age 1 week and my grandson this afternoon. He was so tiny and so perfect. I am so thankful that I was able to spend a couple of hours with him.

When I got there he was crying which made him look a lot like his father. He was hungry and cranky and they quickly handed me the baby and a bottle of milk. It was wonderful, it was incredible and I could have sat there with him for hours more. I played with his incredibly long fingers and smoothed the wrinkles of concentration from his brow while he drank. He ate and fell asleep in my arms.

I marvel at the sheer perfection of a newborn baby. The intricate design of a baby has the fingerprints of God all over it. Every organ, every cell perfectly balanced and working together. It is such a good reminder that we are wonderfully and fearfully made by the Master Creator Himself.

I am glad for the reminder, I am thankful for this new little life. I am hoping that Nana Cocoa will be able to spend many hours loving this precious addition.

"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him" Psalm 127:3

No comments: