Monday, January 25, 2010

The Task

I have a task hanging over my head that I do not want to do. This is not a pastoral task ..... it is a personal task. I can feel it there, weighing me down, casting a shadow over my days activities. I had planned on doing it today, but I somehow just did not get it done.

It is something that I know that must be done, something I have made my mind up to do .... yet when it comes right down to it, I am finding it very difficult. I can feel the swirl of emotions whirling around me as I consider what has to be done. I feel sadness and grief, I feel a loss that is breathtaking and I can feel the fear flickering around the edges, threatening to start a firestorm of emotions.

So tonight I am trying to set my thoughts to tomorrow with a determined resolution. I will get this thing done. I will not let my fear distract me or my sadness sap my strength and focus. I will ... I will ... I will.

"Though you probe my heart and examine me at night, though you test me,you will find nothing, I have resolved that my mouth will not sin." Psalm 17:3

Just Connie

No comments: