Sunday, January 3, 2010

Being a Pastor

I love being a pastor. There is a joy in preaching, teaching and ministering to people that nothing else can match. it has been a thrill to my hear to back in the pastorate again. But sometimes there are tasks that hang over me as a pastor like a damp, heavy cloth. I have one of those tasks awaiting me tomorrow.

The more I think about it, the more I dread it. But there it is staring me in the face. I know that it needs to be done and it is in the best interests of everyone involved. But somehow that doesn't make the actual doing of it any easier. I have a feeling that the dread might actually be worse than the actual doing.

So knowing that worrying about it will not help, it is time to put it aside and spend some time doing productive things.

So I am going to get a good nights sleep, spend some time praying and preparing and then let tomorrow take care of itself.

"These then are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority" Titus 2:15

Just Connie

No comments: