Thursday, January 28, 2010

Decisions

There are times in our lives when there are decisions to make. Sometimes we have to make decisions on the fly and we make the best choice we can with the information we have. Sometimes we have time to reflect carefully. Laying out all of the potential ramifications and weighing each of them with exacting care.

I have a decision before me. I do not have to decide on the fly, but I will not have many days to work through this. I am finding that wrestling with this decision is exhausting and consuming. Even when I push it away from me, I find it thrusting its unwelcome presence into quiet moments.

I think one of the problems is that some of the potential ramifications are scary to me. They dredge up some of the fears and hurts of the past years. I somehow want to keep those fears from making the decision for me.

So tonight I am thinking. I think ..... I will be doing a lot of thinking in the next few days.

"Now think it over and see what you can do ..." 1 Samuel 25:17

Just Connie

No comments: