Monday, January 11, 2010

Puppy Play

The dogs have been driving me crazy today. Of course some might say that is a short trip for me. But they have been wrestling all day long. And of course their favorite place to play is right under my feet. It makes typing rather challenging.

Right now they are jumping around and barking at each other ... under my feet of course. So I have typed this line multiple times. I keep swinging my feet and telling them to go play somewhere else. But no ..... this is where they want to play. Having a 100 pound sheep dog leaping and jumping in my tiny little house is too much dog. Then add the 3 month old puppy to the mix and it is way toooooo much!

Luckily they will both eventually wear out. Probably not before I do, but they will stop at some point. You know, I think it might benefit most of us if we would learn to play like that. To put all of our energy and zest into doing something purely for fun and pleasure. I think too often I go through my days working and doing the things I should and forget the joy of playing. Perhaps it is time for me to take the time to play .... perhaps it is time for some puppy play of my own.

I am not sure that I have the energy ... but it might be fun trying.

Just Connie

No comments: