Monday, October 26, 2009

Battle Woes

I am disgruntled. I do not like this feeling at all. I am not mad …. but I am definitely uncomfortable. There is even a little bit of hurt mixed into it. I guess it is a jumble of several emotions.

It began with a conversation in a meeting. They were hemming and hawing and I finally said, “Go ahead and just say it if it needs to be said”. But what was said, was about me. I was really surprised but I did not say so. I just smiled and let people talk.

But here I sit at home, still trying to sort it all out in my mind. I am feeling a bit discouraged though I keep reminding myself that this a normal part of ministry. I wish it wasn’t. I know that there are bound to be growing pains as the congregation gets to know me and we begin to make some changes. I just wish that things were more clearly defined. I realize that is not possible in a time of transition, but I still want it.

I want to make sure that I do not let my ego get involved. I think that all of my hurt and disgruntlement needs to be laid down on the altar. This is not something I can afford to carry around. I will try to adjust to what I cannot change. I will strive to build healthy relationships. I will serve where God puts me ... in whatever capacity He sets me in.

You know I sure wish there was an easy button.

“This is what the LORD says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's.” 2 Chronicles 20:15

Just Connie

No comments: