Saturday, October 24, 2009

Helping Friends

I helped some friends today. They had butchered a steer and today was the day to cut and wrap 650 pounds of beef. So I went to lend a hand and willing spirit to the project. It was an amazing process. They have done this over and over again and have it honed into a smooth seamless process.

I really enjoyed working alongside them as we cut, trimmed, ground and wrapped the meat. I grew up skinning deer and wrapping meat in my grandparents store, so I was no stranger to the process. I am also blessed to not have a queasy disposition for things like that.

So at the end of the day, we had a very satisfying amount of wrapped meat that will feed many families over the year to come. I even came home with much more beef than I probably earned. It looks pretty good in my mostly empty freezer. I also have a very happy dog at home since I brought her home a big leg bone to chew on.

There is great satisfaction in working in harmony with people you love. It has been a good day.

“Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.” Proverbs 31:31

Just Connie

No comments: