Thursday, October 29, 2009

Today I am babysitting. It has really been enjoyable. My great nephew is 4 and he is a delight to spend time with. I do not often get the chance and when I do I always have fun.

We have tried to stay busy today. One of the things we did was to make puppets . He now has a set of six animal puppets to play with for a while. Right now they are all lined up on the table by his bed. It is really cute. We have played games and watched movies and put puzzles together. In other words just enjoyed each other immensely.

It has reminded me that I do not often get the chance to spend with young children anymore. I miss it. I miss their love of play and their creativity and their enthusiasm. I think being around children keeps us young at heart.

"Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from Him." Psalm 127:3

I think I need more of this in my life.

Just Connie

No comments: