Sunday, October 11, 2009

Veggie Fair Laughter

I laughed tonight. In fact I laughed and laughed and then laughed some more. It was such a fun and wonderfully silly evening.

It was the church Veggie Fair, where we celebrated all things vegetable. We brought veggie dishes to share, decorated veggies and just enjoyed being with each other,

One of the games we played was to compose veggies songs and poems at our tables and perform them. My table wrote a song to the tune of “Heartbreak Hotel”. Well, you can imagine any song that begins with …. “Since my veggie left me” would have us all giggling. But we belted it out in true Elvis style and entertained everyone with our silliness.

I have spent so much time weeping in the past months that it feels especially good to lift my head and laugh. I think that God is healing my heart and in time there will be much more laughter than tears. Tonight I am very thankful for friends and fellowship and laughter. I am thankful for the proof of my healing floating in the air with the sounds of my laughter.

“Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh” Luke 6:21

Just Connie

No comments: