Friday, October 9, 2009

Stepping Forward

I had company for lunch today. Company has been rare at my house over the past 10 years. First because of Gerrald and his drinking and secondly because of the upheaval of his leaving and my adjustment with it all. I feel like I am beginning to climb out of a dark hole. Life has moment so normalcy that is incredible to experience. Today was one of those moments.

We ate lunch on the deck and talked and talked. We enjoyed the critters and talked some more. It was a wonderful time. We did not do anything earth shattering, we just enjoyed being together and sharing our life experiences with each other.

I realized that I have really missed having people in my home. I think I am going to reach out and invite more people to come and spend time with me. I think it will be very good for me on so many levels. It is time to spend more time on relationships and less time brooding on my own.

I think there will still be those up and down times for me, but today was a good step forward.

“If the LORD delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm” Psalm 37:23

You know …. I could use some of that delight.

Just Connie

No comments: