Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween

Halloween night. I am sitting here with my feet up and reflecting back on the day. It started with reporting to the church first thing this morning. We set up carnival booths and filled candy bags and tried to get everything ready for the big night.

Then I ran home and made cupcakes for the cake walk and got my costume together. Then it was time to head to the church. I was in charge of the pumpkin ring toss. It was wild and wonderful. It kept me hopping. The children in their cute costumes made it a joy to watch how much they were enjoying themselves. There was a good crowd and I heard lots of positive comments from parents and children.

All in all it was a good event. I love activities that build bridges with the community. Tonight did that. I am thankful to be part of a church community that is actively participating in the community. I am glad to be part of a community again. It is a good feeling and I can use some of that in my life again.

“May God Almighty bless you and make you fruitful and increase your numbers until you become a community of peoples.” Genesis 28:3
Just Connie

No comments: